Saturday, September 30, 2006

Work and quality

The concept behind the conditions project has always been about productivity first. I spent a long, long time on a short film I made last year, and while I'm proud of the result, I also recognised that there were limitations to the work /output ratio. While I developed many good skills, I had to ask: was it worth all that time?
So now I've moved on to the conditions project, and I have to say that this approach has proven to be very satisfying. I've explored interesting conceptual idea's and developed good work flow practices. Getting something done each week is immensely rewarding. It means that I don't obsess over unchangeable details. It means that my concept and approach is clearly defined and executed (to a certain extent).
To quote the A-team:
"I love it when a plan comes together"

But then there are some weeks where it doesn't come together either.
This is one of those weeks.
The concept this week is of a gallery space. But neither the space, nor the way I've chosen to shoot and edit it have proven to be that interesting. The space is too sparse. The vimeo user clips clips that I'm 'exhibiting' are great in themselves, but I've just not been able to use them well.
While I still will release something tomorrow... Well I apologize in advance

. . . . . . .

....

. . . . . . .